Wednesday 3 April 2013

Lauren Luke Brush Review


So today i am going to be talking about the Lauren Luke Brushes
So I decided to order these brushes to try out because I read great reviews on them, AND they had a very friendly price tag, 
 £33.75 for 8.

…  For all you international makeup fans, don’t worry! International shipping is only £3+ for Lauren Luke brushes I think! Really affordable wherever you are in the world =D 
So Here are the Brushes 

Now, getting down to business, the Lauren Luke brushes are of really nice quality, and especially if you’re thinking of getting into makeup more seriously For Example not just apply one eyeshadow and kohl eyeliner like I used to, then this is the perfect starter set! It has all the essentials from face to eyes and is really affordable.
Out of the 8 brushes, 5 are made from goat hair 3 are made from synthetic.
 I am not picky when it comes to what type of brush hairs I use, but my experience so far with synthetic brushes is that it doesn’t pick up pigment as well
                                                                                                                          


The first up! The Large Powder Brush, made of synthetic hair. It is huge! Fills up my entire cheek. This is good for finishing powder and for those with dry skin like me who rarely set foundation with powder, you get a really nice and big blush brush . I kid you not! 
 Does make application really easy! I love those brushes that you can just slap on to your face without worrying whether it is properly blended. With this brush, it gives a nice sheer blush!



                                                                                                                           

The Flat Contour Brush is made of goat hair and is great for bronzer, however, make sure you dust off the excess bronzer, if not it may be a little difficult to blend out. The last time I forgot to dust off the excess bronzer, I had a rather harsh line that took me awhile to blend out, not pretty. Other that that, this is a nice brush! It’s an almost perfect dupe of the MAC109 brush, fraction of the cost, It is a little lense dense that the MAC109, but negligibly so.


                                                                                                                       

The Foundation Brush! Synthetic hair, and one of my favorite brushes
 I love the design,
 it allows for precise application around my nose area and gives a lovely flawless finish. I love the gradient hairs on the brush, I find it so aesthetically pleasing. I’m a sucker for those things.. Like the sigma Mr and Mrs bunny collection! Not a known dupe for any higher end brush.


                                                                                                                         
The Tapered Blending Brush
 I love for blending colors between my crease and brow bone!
 It’s goat hair and I love that it is soft and fluffy, but it is too large for my almost nonexistent crease. Despite that, it is wonderful for blending out the colors to give it more depth. While it is great, I do wish it was a little bit denser as sometimes it is a little too soft. 




                                                                                                    


The Eyeshadow Blending Brush is probably the one I use the most often! 
 Made of goat hair, it’s the perfect size for my crease  and allows me to work the product into the outer corners of my eyes with precision,
 really bringing the depth of the eye shadow out! Absolutely love it! It i a dupe for the MAC217 brush, but slightly longer 


                                                                                                              


The Flat Eyeshadow Brush is wonderful at picking up pigment
 It is made of goat hair, 
 I use this all the time, it’s a brilliant dupe for the MAC239, once again at a fraction of the cost. Just might purchase another!
                                                                                                                           
 
One of the most popular Lauren Luke brushes is the Pencil Brush!
 Made of goat hair, it’s a dupe for the MAC219 brush,
 very slightly less dense and firm. If you like your brushes firmer and denser, stick to the MAC219! If not, this is probably just as good, and kinder to your pocket!
                                                                                                                                     



Lastly, the Angled Eyeliner Brush! Made of synthetic hair
 it is a dupe for the MAC263 brush!


                                                                                                                            





 So all in all I really love this brush set and do recommend it to everyone, whether you are a professional makeup artist or beginning!
 You can never have too many brushes right  Hope this helped in your decision of which brush set to get!

What’s your favorite brush set? 
Leave your comment below and let me know! Would love to hear recommendations x



Check out my Youtube 
 http://www.youtube.com/user/CurvaceousBeautyUK



Signing Off for now

Bellissima Script Redux 
XoxoX

1 comment:

  1. these brushes look amazing!
    http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete